Singapore attracts tech professionals from all around the world by its developed IT market, thousands of job opportunities, high salaries, and more.
- Developed IT market. The Singaporean government is actively stimulating the development of new technologies in the country. There are tens of thousands of tech companies, from small startups to tech giants like Amazon, Facebook, and Google.
- Job opportunities. More than 1 job in 10 in Singapore is in tech or finance, according to Glassdoor. About 18,000 jobs and skills training opportunities in the information and communications technology (ICT) sector are currently available in Singapore. There’s a huge demand for software engineers, and candidates are constantly being sourced both locally and from abroad.
- High salaries. The average salary in Singapore is around S$5,700 per month (S$68,400 per year), and IT professionals can earn between S$70,000 and S$120,000 per year.
- Everybody speaks English. Singapore is one of the world’s top 5 countries by English skills (EF English Proficiency Index 2019). It’s one of the country’s official languages, along with Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil.
- Excellent infrastructure. Singapore benefits from good roads, effective public transport with no traffic jams, an abundance of green and shady spaces, and new, high-quality buildings.