Wrocław is a city in western Poland and the historical capital of Silesia. It’s a mature IT market and one of the wealthiest cities in the country.
Wrocław is the third city in Poland after Warsaw and Kraków in terms of IT salaries. The average IT salary in Wrocław is PLN 12,000 per month (PLN 144,000 per year). It’s much higher than the minimum threshold (PLN 7,800) required to qualify for an EU Blue Card (a residence permit for high-skilled professionals).
- Software developer: 10,180 – 14,000
- Front-end developer: 8,670 – 11,000
- Full-stack developer: 13,700 – 14,000
- DevOps engineer: 11,360 – 13,000
- Database administrator: 11,000 – 15,500
- System administrator: 5,980 – 10,000
- Project manager: 8,530 – 16,000
- QA engineer: 8,200 – 10,000
- Technical writer: from 5,180
- Security analyst: 11,000 – 16,000
IT salaries in Wrocław depending on the experience:
- Junior: 4,000 – 8,000
- Middle: 8,000 – 14,000
- Senior: 12,000 – 19,000
Wrocław is the second wealthiest city in Poland after Warsaw. The unemployment rate in Wrocław is 1.7%, which is much lower than the national average of 5.5%.
Important economic sectors in Wrocław include:
- Home appliances
- Information technologies
- Software development
Many high-tech companies are located in the Wrocław Technology Park. The largest technology companies present in Wrocław include:
- CIT Engineering
- Hewlett Packard
- Opera Software
Cost of living
Wrocław stands out for its IT salaries that are the highest in the country after Warsaw and Kraków. And as the cost of living in major Polish cities is more or less the same, you will be able to live a good life in Wrocław.
The average prices in Wrocław (PLN):
- Meal at McDonald’s: 15–25
- Meal at another inexpensive restaurant: 15–30
- Average food basket (milk, bread, eggs, cheese, chicken, apples, potatoes, water, beer): 66
- Monthly fee at a fitness club: 50–140
- Monthly pass: 70–110
- Monthly rent (1 bedroom): 1,400 – 3,400
- Monthly rent (3 bedrooms): 2,200 – 5,000
- Property prices per square meter: 5,000 – 17,600
- Utilities: 300 – 1,100 per month
Wrocław is served by Copernicus Airport Wrocław that handles flights to many European cities including Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Lisbon, Lviv, Munich, Odesa, Paris, Warsaw, Zurich, and others.
Wrocław is one of the largest cultural centers in Poland. It has numerous historical landmarks, including the Main Market Square, Sky Tower (the highest building in Poland), Cathedral Island, the Centennial Hall, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and more than 300 sculptures of gnomes scattered throughout the city.
The city is well known for its large number of theaters, museums, cinemas, art galleries, nightclubs, pubs, and craft breweries. Every year, Wrocław hosts the biggest beer festival in Poland, the Festival of Good Beer. Music and film festivals of international significance include Wratislavia Cantans, Jazz nad Odrą, Przegląd Piosenki Aktorskiej, Thanks Jimi Festival, New Horizons, KAN Amateur and Independent Cinema Festival, Ofensiva International Film Festival, and more.